MnATSA has held a successful annual conference every year since 1997. Keynote speakers have included Kevin Creeden, Pamela Yates, Stephen Wormith, Elizabeth Letourneau, Ogi Ogas, Jackson Katz, Cordelia Anderson, Bill Marshall, Michael Miner, Lawrence Ellerby, Joan Tabachnick, Jill Levenson, Patty Wetterling, Liam Marshall, Janis Wolak and David Finkelhor. Preconference workshops have provided Static-99R, Stable-2007 and Acute-2007 certification as well as training on an array of topics relevant to sex offender treatment providers, community supervision agents, attorneys, victims services representatives, and anyone invested in reducing sex offender recidivism.
In an addition to an annual conference, MnATSA has sponsored a number of specialized training seminars. In 2015, MnATSA partnered with the Minnesota Sex Offender Program to bring R. Karl Hanson, Ph.D. for a day long training, and with the Minnesota Department of Corrections to bring James Haaven, MS to train on the administration of the Assessment of Risk and Manageability of Individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Limitations who Offend (ARMIDILO-S).
The 21st annual MnATSA conference will be held April 19, 20, and 21, 2017 at the Minneapolis
Marriott Northwest in Brooklyn Park, MN.
2017 MnATSA Conference Reception Sponsors
- Duluth Institute – www.duluthinstitute.com
- Griffin Counseling and Consulting
- Headway Emotional Health Services – www.headway.org
- Katy LeBarron
- Leo A. Hoffmann Center, Inc. – www.hoffmanncenter.org
- Lighthouse Psychological Services, Inc. – www.lighthousepsychmn.org
- LOOK Assessment – www.lookassessment.com
- Mille Lacs Academy – www.nexus-yfs.org
- Minnesota Sex Offender Reentry Project (MNSORP) – www.mnsorp.org
- Piney Ridge Center – www.woodridgecare.com
- Resolution Treatment Services – www.resolutionts.com
- Sequel Youth and Family Services – www.sequelyouthservices.com
Future Conference Dates
April 11-13, 2018
- April 10-12, 2019
- April 22-24, 2020
- April 21-23, 2021