Senior Social Worker – Minnetonka, MNAuthor: mnatsaadmin
December 23, 2019
$55,647 – $80,154 Annually
The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation is seeking an individual who is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Psychologist to be a Senior Social Worker working with adolescents who have committed a sexual offense for the Hennepin County Home School. Ideal candidates will have experience providing sex offense specific training with their population of youth. Under limited work supervision, this applicant will perform work involving provision of intensive social work services on cases involving complex social problems and social treatment plans.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Home School, 14300 County Road 62, Minnetonka, MN 55345. There is no public transportation to this location. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
In this position, you will:
- Conduct court ordered psychosexual/psychosocial assessments of adjudicated adolescents with sexual offenses.
- Maintain and document ongoing evaluation of clients’ sex specific and mental health treatment needs.
- Facilitate family therapy with residents and their extended family members.
- Facilitate Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills groups, sex offense specific groups, and groups needed to maintain a supportive therapeutic community and in order to address residents’ behaviors.
- Provide cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic therapies within a residential, long-term, program for adolescents adjudicated for a sexual offense.
Nice to have:
- Licensure either as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Psychologist.
- Qualifications as a Mental Health Professional.
One of the following:
- Master’s degree or higher in social work or closely related field with course work emphasis in areas such as social work methods, human growth and behavior, and principles of social welfare.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or human services, and 18 semester (27 quarter) credits of graduate work in the above areas, and three years of full-time supervised experience as a social worker.
- Licensed as a Graduate Social Worker by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel primarily within/outside of the metro area to meet with clients in their residential settings and/or perform authorized off-site work duties.
For more information and to apply click here. The posting will remain open until filled.
Your Future. Made Here.