NEWPATH MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES-FULL TIME- SEXUAL OFFENSE THERAPIST POSITION-Golden Valley, MNAuthor: mnatsaadmin
December 5, 2019
NewPath Mental Health Services (formerly known as Christian Recovery Counseling) is a Rule 29 nonprofit community mental health clinic. While our agency specializes in treating issues of trauma, neglect and abuse, we also provide generalist mental health services for a variety of presenting concerns including, but not limited to, mood disorders, personality disorders, and relationship concerns. Additionally, we have a robust and effective intensive outpatient program treating men who have engaged in sexual offenses or harmful sexual behaviors (the Restoration Project- RP). We are seeking a full-time licensed therapist to work within our RP program and also to see non-RP clients at our Golden Valley office.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with clients with sexual offenses, running therapy groups, and/or with clients involved in the legal system. NewPath Mental Health Services is an agency that embraces our clients’ spiritual or faith backgrounds, and, if clients choose to do so, we honor their desire to bring this element of their experiences into therapy.
We are seeking an additional experienced mental health professional to join our team of therapists working full time in our Golden Valley office. The therapist who accepts this position will be expected to have approximately 25-30 available client hours per week and to work at least one evening (until 8am), or weekend day, per week. In this role you will build and maintain a caseload while designing and implementing treatment/interventions reflective of identified client needs. Other duties include: quarterly meetings with clients within the RP program and their probation officers, maintaining organized electronic out-patient records in accordance with treatment policy requirements; attending and participating in clinical staff case consultation meetings; and following NewPath’s policies and procedures.
Ideal candidate is:
- Licensed (LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, LP) in the state of Minnesota. Unlicensed candidates, who areclose to licensure, with strong clinical experience may also apply.
- Must have completed graduate degree in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy,or mental health.
- Generalist practitioner comfortable working with a range of psychological concerns.
- Experienced working with clients who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviors or sexualoffenses and able to work within our Restoration Project program conducting individual and group therapy (please visit https://www.newpathmhs.com/restoration-project for more information).
- Experienced with clients presenting with trauma or abuse.
- Comfortable working in a Christian environment with clients who may seek to incorporate their faith into psychotherapy.
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- A positive, encouraging, and collaborative team environment in which therapists support oneanother, consult freely, and enjoy learning different clinical approaches.
- Experienced, efficient and professional administrative team (responsible for scheduling clients,coordinating intake paperwork, and conducting administrative tasks).
- Comfortable and welcoming office space (offices are spacious and many with windows, ampleparking).
- Excellent billing team (NewPath administrative staff completes all billing including credentialingprocess with insurance, submitting claims, and collecting payments).
- Dynamic monthly continuing education seminars presented by staff and guest speakers.
Bi-monthly case consultation meetings with multidisciplinary staff.
NewPath is located in Golden Valley, MN. Please visit our website at https://www.newpathmhs.com/ to learn more about NewPath.
Please send cover letter discussing your clinical interests and experience and how these are a match for NewPath and vita to Clinical Director Julia Kidwell, PhD., LP at firstname.lastname@example.org.