Website Minnesota Department of Corrections
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Hiring Agency: Minnesota Department of Corrections
Location: Lino Lakes
Division/Unit: Health Services/Behavior Health Services
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/7:45 am – 4:15 pm
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $23.27 – $33.97/hourly; $48,587 – $70,929/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Minnesota Department of Corrections Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) is seeking a talented therapist to join our dedicated team of professionals. SOTP provides an integrated treatment programming addressing sexual behavior problems and mental health issues in a 208 bed program at the Lino Lakes Correctional Facility. The program is nationally recognized for its approach and outcomes.
Therapist responsibilities include:
· Treatment Planning and Progress Evaluation
· Individual and Group Therapy
· Psychoeducational Program Development and Delivery
· Report Writing and Client Case Management
This position has direct contact with criminal justice-involved people.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family, Counseling, or a related Behavioral Health/Science program* and one year of experience providing behavioral health services, including individual and group therapy;
- Master’s degree or higher in one of the above degree program areas, which included training or experience in providing behavioral health services, including individual and group therapy methods and practices.
* If your degree is in a related Behavioral Health/Science program not listed above, you may be asked to provide an unofficial college transcript.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sex offending treatment goals and models sufficient to demonstrate an ability to apply this knowledge in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of professional, legal and ethical standards; best practices; and community standards of care.
- Skills in verbal and written communication, including proficient documentation skills.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement an individualized treatment plan; provide sex offense treatment; and develop a continuing care plan under supervision.
- Ability to teach a psycho-educational course; effectively function within a multi-disciplinary team; exercise sound judgment; and demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family, Counseling, or a related Behavioral Health/Science program*.
- Current Minnesota licensure as a LP, LPC, LPCC, LICSW, or LMFT.
- Experience providing sex offense treatment services to clients.
- Experience working in a correctional/secured environment.
- Experience providing services to clients with intellectual disabilities.
- Experience providing services to clients diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI).
- Experience providing services to clients with a substance use disorder.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position and may be required to complete a tuberculosis screening prior to hire. For a copy of the PDA, please email email@example.com.
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy.
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and discipline records.
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to transform lives for a safer Minnesota. We offer great benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, generous leave time, and workout facilities at most locations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Teresa Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-361-7592.
To apply for this job please visit www.mn.gov.