Website MN Department of Corrections
Job Class: Clinical Program Therapist 2 – Sex Offender Treatment Program
Job ID: 43919
Location: Rush City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/26/2021
Closing Date: 05/28/2021
Hiring Agency: Department of Corrections
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility – Rush City
Division/Unit: Health Services/Behavioral Health Services
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $23.27 – $33.97/hourly; $48,587 – $70,929/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WAS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED TO THIS POSTING, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY TO BE CONSIDERED.
Two (2) positions will be filled by consideration of all applicants to this posting.
The Minnesota Department of Corrections Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) is seeking a talented therapist to join our dedicated team of professionals. SOTP provides an integrated treatment programming addressing sexual behavior problems and mental health issues at the Rush City Correctional Facility. The program is nationally recognized for its approach and outcomes.
Therapist responsibilities include:
- Treatment Planning and Progress Evaluation
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Psychoeducational Program Development and Delivery
- Report Writing and Client Case Management
- This position has direct contact with incarcerated individuals.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family, Counseling, or a related Behavioral Health/Science program* and one year of experience providing behavioral health services, including individual and group therapy;
- Master’s degree or higher in one of the above degree program areas, which included training or experience in providing behavioral health services, including individual and group therapy methods and
* If your degree is in a related Behavioral Health/Science program not listed above, you may be asked to
provide an unofficial college transcript.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sex offending treatment goals and models sufficient to demonstrate an ability to apply this knowledge in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of professional, legal and ethical standards; best practices; and community standards of care.
- Skills in verbal and written communication, including proficient documentation skills.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement an individualized treatment plan; provide sex offense treatment; and develop a continuing care plan under supervision.
- Ability to teach a psycho-educational course; effectively function within a multi-disciplinary team; exercise sound judgment; and demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family, Counseling, or a related Behavioral Health/Science program*.
- Current Minnesota licensure as a LP, LPC, LPCC, LICSW, or LMFT.
- Experience providing sex offense treatment services to clients.
- Experience working in a correctional/secured environment.
- Experience providing services to clients with intellectual disabilities.
- Experience providing services to clients diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI).
- Experience providing services to clients with a substance use disorder.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position and may be required to complete a tuberculosis screening prior to hire. For a copy of the PDA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to transform
lives for a safer Minnesota. We offer great benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, generous leave time, and workout facilities at most locations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred
compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line
For additional information about the application process, go to https://www.mn.gov/careers.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce
is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
To apply for this job please visit www.mn.gov.