Treatment Psychologist – MSOP – St. Peter, MN
Join us for a career that matters. Be part of a highly skilled, dedicated workforce committed to providing services that produce positive outcomes for a challenging clinical population.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services is seeking candidates for two positions working as Treatment Psychologists in our St. Peter MN Sex Offender Program facility.
As a Treatment Psychologist with the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP), you will provide comprehensive psychological services, including psychological evaluations, crisis intervention, and individual and group psychotherapy, to clients in assigned MSOP programs.
With great support from a dedicated and experienced clinical management team, as well as organizational support from our senior leadership team, you will:
- Provide psychological consultation services regarding differential diagnosis, effective treatment strategies, risk management (e.g., suicidality), and other related issues as requested by treatment teams, other disciplines, and other staff.
- Leadership and clinical direction to other program delivery staff regarding the overall program treatment model and treatment process.
- Provide information regarding psychological assessment results, clients’ treatment progress, and other pertinent data to appropriate authorities within the hospital, the Special Review Board, the Minnesota courts, and other pertinent state and community agencies, as required.
- Provide expert testimony at court and Special Review Board hearings.
- Participate as a member of committees addressing performance improvement, program development, and other related topics as requested or assigned.
- Provide leadership and clinical direction to other psychologists, disciplines, and MSOP staff.
- Effectively solves problems using creativity and a thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
The Minnesota Sex Offender Program offers professionals the opportunity to be part of an organization that is committed to its staff, clients, and the community. MSOP values professional development and provides ongoing state-of-the-art training and outside professional supervision toward professional licensure for its staff.
Our mission is to promote public safety by providing comprehensive treatment and reintegration opportunities for civilly committed sexual abusers.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical psychology
- Licensure as a Psychologist (LP) in the State of Minnesota*
*license eligible psychologists can be hired on a provisional appointment.
Education & experience demonstrating:
- Specialized and advanced training in psychotherapy,
- Psychological assessment procedures.
- Broad range of clinical experiences and advanced knowledge of psychological theory and principles.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
- Go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
- Scroll to “External Applicants” (or Current Employees, if applicable)
- Click Search for Jobs
- Input JOB ID 27165 for this position
- Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Taylor Stiff at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Taylor Stiff at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.