Adolescent and Family Therapist – Steps For Change
In addition to a competitive salary, Steps For Change offers excellent employee benefits
*Must be licensed, or close to being licensed, as either a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Psychologist (LP).
Steps For Change (SFC), LLC, is seeking Full Time Clinical Therapists with experience providing therapeutic and case management services to adolescents with sexual acting out behaviors. SFC offices are located in Edina and Brooklyn Center. SFC is a community-based program specializing in the assessment and treatment of 11 to 21 year-old youth who have engaged in sexually harmful behaviors. The position is responsible for the needs assessment of youth in the program, development of treatment plans, facilitation of therapeutic intervention, monitoring of progress, reporting of progress to referral agencies and the court as well as working collaboration with their juvenile probation officers and human services/public health department (HSPHD) caseworkers. Other tasks include, individual, family, and group facilitation.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide individual therapy to adolescents weekly and/or bi-weekly
- Facilitate family therapy with youth and their identified families
- Co-lead sex-offense-specific treatment group(s)
- Address client’s sexual offense specific behaviors
- Provide cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic therapies grounded in attachment theory, with a particular focus on the Good Lives Model (GLM) as a framework for growth
- Facilitate a Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills group for adolescents and their parents/guardians
- Deliver services to specialized populations (e.g., females, low functioning, youth under 12)
- Prepare comprehensive summary reports and submit written recommendations to the court; provide detailed testimony in juvenile court, as needed
- Work effectively with a team of therapists
- Strong case management experience with ability to carry a caseload of 12-13 clients
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Implement and monitor client treatment plans
- Complete mental health assessments (e.g., PHQ-9,BDI-II etc.) and make assessments of youths’ mental, emotional, and behavioral status
According to SFC policy, prospective candidates are required to undergo a Department of Human Services Background Study and background check conducted by SFC.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to the Executive Director, Janae Sullivan at Janae.Sullivan@stepsforchange.us.