Clinical Program Therapist – Department of Corrections – Lino Lakes, MN
Job Class: Clinical Program Therapist 2 – Chemical Dependency
Job ID: 32911
Location: Lino Lakes
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 5/17/2019
Closing Date: 05/30/2019
Hiring Agency: Department of Corrections
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility (MCF) – Lino Lakes
Division/Unit: Health Services / Behavioral Health Services
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 7:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $22.20 – $32.41 /hourly; $46,354 – $67,672 /annually
Job Class Option: Chemical Dependency
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position provides chemical dependency treatment to offenders in the sex offender program at MCF-Lino Lakes,
which includes the following components: security, assessment, education, and therapeutic programming of offenders.
This position has direct contact with offenders.
• Current licensure or eligibility for licensure* by the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) or equivalently qualified to perform chemical dependency
treatment under Minnesota Statute 148F.11.
(*NOTE TO LICENSE-ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS: To maintain employment, the successful candidate who is
eligible for LADC licensure must possess a temporary ADC permit within 60 calendar days of the first day of
employment and a current LADC license within the probationary period.)
• One year of experience providing clinical services, including individual and group therapy, to clients with
chemical dependency and/or co-occurring chemical dependency and mental health issues;
• Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related Behavioral Science or Social Science program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of chemical dependency treatment methods and practices.
• Training or experience in providing behavioral health treatment, including individual and group therapy
methods and practices.
• Knowledge of professional, legal and ethical standards; best practices; and community standards of
• Skills in verbal and written communication, including proficient documentation skills.
• Interpersonal/human relations skills.
• Basic personal computer skills.
• Ability to formulate and implement an individualized treatment plan; provide chemical dependency
treatment; and develop a continuing care plan with relative independence.
• Ability to teach a psycho-educational course; effectively function within a multi-disciplinary team;
exercise sound judgment; and demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS INVITED TO INTERVIEW WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION
OF LICENSURE OR LICENSE-ELIGIBILITY AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related Behavioral Science or Social
• Current licensure in Minnesota as a LADC at time of hire.
• Experience working in a correctional/secure environment.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position and may be
required to complete a tuberculosis screening prior to hire. For a copy of the PDA, please email Teresa Moen at
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender
registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top
candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly
regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to reduce
recidivism by promoting offender change through proven strategies during safe and secure incarceration and effective
community supervision. We offer great benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking,
generous leave time, and workout facilities at most locations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance,
employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, taxdeferred
compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Teresa Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.361.7623.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to
providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce
is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a
disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information
line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.