Associate Clinical Director – Minnesota Sex Offender Program – St. Peter, MN
$41.40 – $59.27/hourly + comprehensive benefits
The Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) is seeking a motivated candidate for an exciting and rewarding opportunity as an Associate Clinical Director for our St. Peter location’s Community Preparation Services (CPS) site.
The Minnesota Sex Offender Program provides comprehensive services to individuals who have been civilly committed as sexual psychopathic personalities or sexually dangerous persons. Community Preparation Services is located outside of the secure perimeter of MSOP and is the least secure treatment setting in MSOP. The unique aspects of this stage of treatment and programming make this position and the responsibilities particularly unique and critical to the future success of MSOP clients.
Community Preparation Services (CPS) is located outside the secure perimeter on the St. Peter campus. Clients at CPS have met statutory criteria for Transfer by the Commitment Appeals Panel (CAP). CPS is designed as a step down program to assist clients in continued deinstitutionalization and generalizing treatment gains across settings. The Associate Clinical Director (ACD) oversees the design and delivery of treatment consistent with the principles and vision of MSOP, while ensuring employee and public safety. The ACD manages the clinical staff to ensure adequate staffing levels, training, coaching, and attainment of performance objectives in compliance with MSOP, DHS, and legal standards for professional and ethical treatment in a civil commitment setting.
The Associate Clinical Director also:
- Oversees the enhancement of treatment, including through policies, procedures, and treatment services to ensure the continuous improvement and provision of effective, ethical, and appropriate treatment.
- Provides consultation and, at the discretion of the Clinical and Executive Clinical Directors, serves as MSOP liaison with DHS staff, other state agencies, the legislature, the legal community, and the public to promote an understanding of MSOP’s mission, vision, and principles.
- Influences and shapes the direction of clinical services to support the overall ability of MSOP to achieve short and long-term objectives and ensure services are consistent with program design and philosophy.
- Represents clinical leadership through active participation in administrative committees, work groups, and client represented groups and shapes the strategic and tactical direction of clinical services to support the overall ability of MSOP to achieve short and long-term objectives.
- Directs and leads the human resources activities of the clinical team through a subordinate management structure.
- Coordinates the hiring and training of clinical staff to ensure the quality and consistency of therapeutic practices.
degree in a human services field (e.g., psychology, professional
counseling, social work);
as an independent clinical mental health professional OR licensed as
an independent clinical mental health professional in another state
with the ability to obtain Minnesota licensure within six (6) months
from date of hire; (LP, LPCC, LMFT, LICSW)
years of managerial or advanced supervisory experience which
- At least 2 years of experience providing direct services or clinical supervision with sexual abusers, ideally in a secure treatment setting and
- Experience managing programs including strategic planning and directing the work of staff
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in a human services field (e.g., psychology, professional counseling, social work)
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, visit http://www.mn.gov/careers and search for JOB ID #32190.
If you have questions about the position, contact Paul Rodriguez at email@example.com.